Friday, October 30, 2009

Seven quick takes


  • The kids are down with a bronchial infection caused by a mycoplasma.  It's going around, and it's often misdiagnosed as flu.
  • Orestes A. Brownson is online!
  • Over the Rhine!  It takes me about two days to make my way through their discography, which I've done nearly every day for the last couple of months.  Some of their songs are shockingly beautiful from the first note; others are good pop songs until the moment when they uncork some unexpected harmonic something and perfection is achieved.
  • The yard is carpeted with gold.
  • Judging by the volume of her voice, a certain 4-year-old should have gone to bed a couple of hours ago.
  • Migne's complete Patrologia Latina is now online and freely accessible, according to Rod Letchford's formidable google sleuthing.
  • If you're interested the American constitution and our founding, Brownson's The American Republic is indispensible reading.

2 comments:

  1. I'm both a musical idiot and a musical ignoramus. But husband and I liked the music, thought it had a little Holly Cole (is that the wrong thing to say?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know - I've never heard of Holly Cole (off to google now)

    ReplyDelete